High in Fiber
high in fiber, you can become part of a legend; those who have
the nutritional wisdom to ensure better health, counteract disease,
and produce lifelong vitality.
One of the
main reasons for the emerging trend of a diet with foods high in fiber is the
ongoing quest for
The average American consumes about 5-13 grams of fiber daily, but
nutrition experts recommend a daily intake of 25-35 grams. Here's what you
can do in your quest for the high fiber diet: Start by replacing white
bread with whole grain bread, white rice with brown rice. Add more beans
and legumes, veggies, fruits, seeds and nuts. Any foods with more than 4
grams per serving are categorized as food high in fiber..
Eating foods high in fiber
People are moving away from the low-carb
diet fad towards eating
foods high in fiber. The number of new products making high-fiber
claims has nearly doubled in the past few years.
For example, Sara Lee (bless her heart) has
developed a white bread with all the fiber and many of the nutrients of
whole wheat bread. And wonder of wonders, Wonder Bread has made a loaf with
a special 100% whole wheat flour milled from white wheat. These products
make the new USDA
much easier to scale.
A diet rich in high fiber foods is essential for your ultimate health.
Dietary fiber is vital for prevention or treatment of
Studies have shown that certain conditions
and high blood pressure respond favorably to a high fiber diet. Those who
need a gluten free
diet can still benefit from a variety of high fiber foods. Certain
types of fiber can even lower blood
One of our greatest concerns is the
alarming number of today's
children that are
overweight. The new
Pyramid recommends that children consume 1 to 3 servings of whole
grains daily. It's probable that most children don't even eat 1 serving a
day of whole grains. Dietary fiber has a powerful impact on children's
overall health. After eating fiber-rich foods, there is a feeling
of fullness which helps to control overeating. Fiber also helps regulate
blood sugar which is vital to children's energy and digestive health.
High fiber foods are as important to their health
. . .
as it is to yours.
know how easy it is to raise your high fiber IQ.
Explore the many
to educate yourself and those you love about
types of cancer, high blood pressure, and other ailments that can be
drastically improved or controlled by including
fiber recipes and
fiber menus on a daily basis.
Click Here for a comprehensive listing
Foods High in Fiber!
Health News - Right on your Desktop,
brought to you by
- Blogging Foods High in Fiber
- High fiber foods, and what are they good for?
- A diet with lots of high fiber foods is the most well researched aspect of your personal health and wellness program. Double your fiber consumption, and cut your chance of chronic disease in half!
- Weight loss - Replace your useless calories with high quality high fiber foods
- Weight loss is no secret - eat fewer calories; burn more calories. Substitute high fiber foods for your processed carbohydrates to reduce your daily calories and skyrocket your health.
- High Cholesterol Numbers
- Diabetes and the latest on the high fiber connection
- A high fiber diet improves blood glucose levels and combats the effects of diabetes. The research shows the benefits, so learn how to benefit from the changes
- Maintaining Colon Health with a Diet High in Fiber
- Constipation and high fiber foods
- Constipation can be cured with a high fiber diet
- The Glycemic Index
- The Glycemic Index system ranks foods from 0 to 100 according to the effect on blood sugar levels after eating.
- Celiac disease and your high fiber diet
- Celiac disease is an extensive inflamation of the small intestine, resulting from the ingestion of gluten containing wheat products.
- A gluten free diet can still contain many healthful high fiber foods
- A gluten free diet must still be rich in high fiber foods,although gluten in wheat must be strictly avoided.There are many alternatives that are also high in fiber.
- Flax is your perfect high fiber food
- Flax and flaxseed are possibly the perfect high fiber foods. add them freely to your recipes and beverages for a boost to your high fiber diet.
- High fiber recipes for healthy and delicious nutrition
- High fiber recipes create a delicious cuisine that tastes good and just happens to be healthy, too. Use these high fiber diet recipes to build a high fiber diet menu.
- High fiber menus for all needs
- High fiber menus including high fiber recipes for diabetics, high cholesterol, celiac disease, heart health and weight loss. A menu for all diets.
- Kids and high fiber foods
- Kids need high fiber foods in their diet as well as adults
- The New Food Pyramid
- The New Food Pyramid suggests a major increase in high fiber foods in the diet for ultimate health and wellness.
- HIgh Fiber Foods, the best of the best. Nutritional analysis, and fiber content
- High fiber foods. Foods with the highest fiber content.
- High Fiber Supplements
- High fiber supplements add to your daily fiber intake and can be very helpful for maintaining a fiber dietary routine
- Fiber Resources
- High fiber food database
- High fiber foods database
- Who we are
- Who we are, and our mission
- Interested in exchanging links? Drop us a line!
- Interested in Linking to our Site? We want your link , too
Disclaimer: The entire
contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Dr. Steven Shochat,
unless otherwise noted. The information on this website is not intended to
replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and
is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and
information from the research and experience of Dr. Shochat and his community.
We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research
and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any disease.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition,
consult your physician before using this product.