Sweet and Sour Brisket
(Sauerkraut is the Secret)
Tangy and a bit different.
Sweetness goes into the meat and gives the dish
an overall glazed-sweet quality.
- 1 (32 oz) jar sauerkraut, partly drained
- 5 lbs beef brisket
- 1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, peeled
- 1 (16 oz) box dark brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put brisket in a baking pan.
3. Pour the sauerkraut over the brisket.
4. Add the tomatoes with their liquid.
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours.
Fiber: 4.3 g