Herbed White Bean and Zucchini Latkes
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 4 ounces)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon snipped or chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
- oil (for frying)
1. Sprinkle zucchini lightly with salt and drain in colander for 5 minutes.
2. Rinse well, and squeeze in paper towels to remove all excess water.
3. Saute zucchini with onion in butter until limp but not browned.
4. In a food processor sprinkle bread with heavy cream.
5. Add garlic, beans, eggs, cilantro, thyme, chervil, basil and blend until combined.
6. Fold in sauteed zucchini.
7. Drop by heaping tablespoons full in a slightly oiled non-stick pan and fry for 4 minutes per side over medium heat, or until golden brown.
Fiber: 8 g