Cinnamon Apple Latkes
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups cooking apples, chopped
- 3/4 cup flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- oil for frying
1. Beat eggs until light and foamy.
2. Mix in 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and water until well blended.
3. Stir in chopped apple, flour and grated lemon peel; mix well.
4. Heat the oil in skillet.
5. Drop 1/4 cup apple mixture into hot oil. Flatten slightly. Fry on each side until golden brown.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon to make the topping.
8. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over hot latkes.
9. Serve immediately.
Fiber: 4.5 g