- Three medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cauliflowerets, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup each grated carrot, red cabbage and yellow summer squash
- Six pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
In a saucepan, cook onions in oil until tender. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir for two minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower; heat through. Stir in mayonnaise, carrot, cabbage and squash; heat through.
Fill each pita half with about two tablespoons lettuce and ½ cup vegetable mixture.
Values per serving:
Calories: 143, Total Fat: 1 g
Fiber: 3 g