Top Ten High Fiber Foods of the Week
October 31, 2005
Here are our Top 10 High Fiber Foods to get you going down the path to Fiberland. Don't forget to drink the water!
1. Beans - These nutritional but sometimes noisy staples are packed with fiber. One cup of black beans has over 19 grams of fiber.
2. Bran - Bran cereal is great, but bran muffins are fun and tasty! Try our recipe for delicious carrot bran muffins at 5 grams of fiber each.
3. Peas - It only takes a half a cup with over 9 grams of fiber to help meet your daily fiber quota.
4. Lentils - A genuine nutritional superstar, packing a powerful dose of 15 grams of high fiber in just one cup.
5. Berries - A cup of delicious strawberries will get you about 3 grams of fiber. Half of that amount of raspberries will yield over 4 grams.
6. Potatoes - Make sure you eat the skin or jacket to get the high fiber count of 5 grams.
7. Figs - Natural flavor with 10.5 grams of fiber in just 3 dried figs. Who needs prunes?
8. Broccoli - 3/4 of a cup of cooked broccoli has 7 grams of fiber. Try oven roasting it with olive oil and your favorite seasonings.
9. Pears - Pair yourself with a pear. One luscious medium fruit yields 4 grams of fiber.
10. Apple - One medium apple a day will fulfill 4 grams of fiber. Everybody's favorite fast food.