Carrot Bran Muffins/Blender Method
1. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray
2. In a large mixing bowl thoroughly stir water into bran; stir in raisins, nuts, and carrots; let stand at least 5 minutes.
3. Place buttermilk, eggs, honey, pastry grain in blender; blend at high speed 4 minutes until smooth.
4. Combine and add all at once to liquid ingredients in blender and blend in briefly, but thoroughly; salt, baking soda, cinnamon.
5. Pour batter into softened bran mixture; blend all thoroughly, but briefly with rubber spatula or mixing spoon. Do not overmix!
6. Fill muffin cups evenly, each almost full; bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes until muffins can easily be removed from the pan with a gentle tug on one side of muffins.
Values per serving: