Avocado Grapefruit Salad
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1 medium head Boston lettuce
- 1/2 medium (about 1/2 lb) red onion, peeled, thinly sliced lengthwise in strips
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, pit removed, quartered, sliced thin
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Whisk vinegar and grapefruit juice together in small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Divide lettuce equally on 4 plates; add onion, arrange grapefruit and avocado on lettuce. Garnish with sweet pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Drizzle with grapefruit dressing just before serving.
Values per serving:
Calories: 280, Total Fat: 21 g